Have you ever considered using antique locks for interior decorating? There are a lot of great ways to make the inside of your home look great using these locks and complementing them with other beautiful items. If you are someone who likes to decorate using unique stylish items, then these are ones that you will want to take a look at to see which ones are offered. By reading through this information you will be able to find some great tips that will help you to know where to find the locks you are looking for and get some great ideas on how to use them to decorate.using antiques for your interior design is one of the authority sites on this topic.
Where To Find Them
When you are looking for an antique lock there are a few different places that you will be able to find one. The place that a lot of people check for them is antique stores in their area. The thing to look out for if you are going to shop at one of these stores is to find one that has more than just a pile of antique furniture in it. You might have a hard time trying to find locks or other types of smaller quirky antique items if you only go to stores that have furniture in them. If you do not want to have to deal with the hassle of shopping around, you can go online and find a lot of great looking locks to choose from.
There are some amazing ways that you can decorate the inside of your home using these locks that you will find online or in the antique stores. You will be able to use your creative imagination to come up with lots of ideas that will give your home a touch of timeless beauty. Since a lot of these locks have designs engraved on them and come in a myriad of styles, the number of possibilities is limitless. Make sure to get in touch with your creative side and see what you can come up with.
1. Just a simple line of beautiful antique locks, hanging on an old bit of twine or rope, would look good in a house with rustic decor.
2. Some old baggage locks have a large looped metal bar, kind of like a solid bike lock that fits round the wheel. These can be attached to the wall and used to hand coats or keys from.
3. Combination locks with circular dials can be perfect paper weights for a study desk.
4. Use a smaller antique padlock as a key fob, probably not for you to carry in your pocket, but great for a set of keys that stay in your house, for example those for the garden shed, garage and back gate.
5. Give a nondescript piece of furniture a touch of class by replacing the locks with ones with ornate gilded surrounds (aka keyhole covers) that you might find on a Renaissance writing desk.
If you want to be able to create some great looks around your home, then antique locks is a great way to do it. This unique design accessory will give you a number of different options to choose from, so no matter whether you want to decorate using a treasure chest or any other object; you will be able to create a nice look. Take a look in antique shops and online stores to find a nice looking antique lock and start creating your design today!